Monday, October 10, 2011

Is it really supposed to be a fight?





Which of these looks more like you and your friends? Which is better? And who decides?

I read this quote in the book Women Food and God,

"You've got to be willing to believe that you were put on this Earth for more than your endless attempts to lose the same 30 pounds 300 times for 80 years."


Why are women so quick to point out what they hate about themselves? I guess if you hate something you fight it. You go to war with it.

I was on the Pinterest site searching "fitness" and noticed so many slogans promoting beating and belittling yourself into a smaller size. It's like a big war against ourselves. If YOU are fighting YOURSELF, it seems like you're going to lose by winning (and no, I'm not talking about losing weight). And what other worthy fights are we loosing because we're so distracted with this fight?

God created you. God created cellulite and stretch marks too. And in fact, in the case of stretch marks, those are usually a sign that a woman has given birth. So stretch marks are a sign that a miracle occurred. That's not perspective. That's a fact. This isn't some FAT POWER movement I'm talking about but really, why do we hate and fight what we are naturally?

I'm not saying you have to love those things but I do wonder why we have to apologize for them, why they make us "bad".

I'd like to hear your comments on what "fitness" and "health" messages are actually beneficial and motivating for you? Which ones leave you with a pit in your stomach or guilt and which ones don't? Am I the only one who's not motivated anymore by the "no pain, no gain..." mentality?

No comments:

Post a Comment